15th International Workshop on Software Clones (IWSC 2021)
Co-located with the 37th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME 2021)
October, 2021, Luxembourg City
Software clones are often a result of copying and pasting as an act of ad-hoc reuse by programmers, and can occur at many levels, from simple statement sequences to blocks, methods, classes, source files, subsystems, models, architectures and entire designs, and in all software artifacts (code, models, requirements or architecture documentation, etc.). Software clone research is of high relevance for software engineering research and practice today.
IWSC series of events has provided a common forum for this important research area as it continues to grow in application breadth and technical depth. IWSC aims to bring researchers and practitioners to evaluate the current state of research, discuss common problems and emerging directions. Also, we are interested in discussing and spreading practical applications of clone technologies. Further details about IWSC 2021 are here on this website (https://iwsc2021.github.io).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include but not restricted to the following aspects of software clone research:
- Techniques and studies of code clone search, detection, analysis, and management
- Industrial experience with clones and clone management
- Use cases for clones and clone management in the software lifecycle
- Similarity measures of source code and other development artifacts
- Clone detection across multiple programming languages
- Clone detection applied to non-source code artifacts
- Source code clone detection supported by other development artifacts
- Clone typologies: kinds, cause and effects, management strategies, etc.
- Visualization of clones
- Clone evolution and approaches to managing variation
- Clone analysis in families of similar systems and software product lines
- Economic and trade-off models for clone management
- Effects of clones on system complexity and quality
- Software licensing and plagiarism issues
- Evaluation and benchmarking of clone detection methods
- Clone refactoring techniques and studies
- System architecture and clones
- Higher-level clones in models and designs
- Clone-aware software design and development
- Security implications of software code cloning
- Other applications of clone detection and analysis techniques
IWSC 2021 will go through a single-blind reviewing process. The following types of papers are sought:
- Full papers are expected to present novel research ideas and open issues, significant empirical studies, or important viewpoints of the field. These papers must not exceed 7 pages including figures, appendices, and references.
- Position papers should raise new ideas and issues or describe early research achievements, emphasizing originality and potential to stimulate active discussion at the workshop. These papers can be of maximum 2 pages including figures, appendices, and references.
- Tool demonstration papers (4 pages maximum) should describe clone-related tools and their applications. Tool papers must not exceed 4 pages including figures, appendices, and references.
All types of papers will be formally reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. Submissions should be relevant to the goals of the workshop and hold potential for lively discussion and debate.
How to Submit
- Papers must conform to the IEEE proceedings paper format guidelines, see http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
- Submissions must be uploaded to the workshop's submission web site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwsc2021
If the paper is accepted, at least one author must attend the workshop and present the paper. Accepted papers will appear in the IEEE Digital Library.
|(Tentative, Subject to Change)|
- Paper submission deadline:
July 9, 2021 AoEJuly 15, 2021 AoE
July 30, 2021 AoEAugust 4, 2021 AoE
- Camera Ready deadline:
August 6, 2021 AoEAugust 19, 2021 AoE
* The early registration deadline for IWSC 2021 is September 4, 2021.
* IWSC 2021 attendees should register through ICSME 2021 registration system.